Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA is our best-selling omega-3 fish oil supplement. It delivers an optimal dose of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids. Inspired by the heart-healthy Mediterranean diet, Super Omega-3 also contains potent olive polyphenols and sesame lignans for additional health benefits.
Benefits at a Glance:
- Omega-3s from fish oil promote heart and cognitive health
- Highly concentrated formula packed with DHA and EPA omega-3s
- Our formula is IFOS™ 5-star-rated for quality and purity
- Made from wild-caught, sustainably harvested Alaska pollock
- Also contains heart-healthy Mediterranean olive and sesame extracts
More facts about Super Omega-3
The Mediterranean diet, in which extra virgin olive oil and seafood are staples, is associated with heart health and an increased life span. This healthy diet inspired us to combine a pure, highly concentrated fish oil with sesame lignans and unique polyphenols from olive extract.
Other benefits of fish oil omega-3s
Omega-3 fatty acids support healthy blood vessel function, which promotes blood flow and helps maintain blood pressure already in the normal range, while also inhibiting inflammatory factors.1-6
These essential fats also help maintain healthy LDL and HDL cholesterol and triglyceride levels that are already within the normal range.4,7 Omega-3s promote healthy cognitive function8-10 and mood.11,12 All of these benefits support heart health and encourage longevity.
IFOS™ 5-star-rated formula
We make Super Omega-3 using Pure+™, a wild fish oil concentrate made from cold-water Alaska pollock caught from a Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certified-sustainable fishery and processed in the United States within hours of harvest for exceptional freshness. Our Super Omega-3 formula has earned the highest, 5-star rating from IFOS™ — an independent organization that sets the standard for fish oil purity, potency, and freshness.
Polyphen-Oil™ olive extract
All of our Super Omega-3 formulas contain Polyphen-Oil™ olive extract. It’s concentrated and standardized to provide olive’s unique, health-promoting polyphenols. Polyphen-Oil™ delivers the polyphenol equivalent of just over 1 tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil.
These polyphenols favorably affect gene expression,13,14 help maintain healthy platelet activation,15,16 help inhibit LDL oxidation17, and help counter free radicals.16,18
Sesame lignans and natural lemon flavor
We've added sesame lignans to our Super Omega-3 formula to enhance the health benefits of fish oil.19 We’ve even added a natural lemon flavor to our formulation, in order to avoid the fishy aftertaste some people experience when taking omega-3 supplements.
Add Super Omega-3 EPA/DHA with Sesame Lignans & Olive Extract to your heart-healthy nutritional regimen today!
Supportive but not conclusive research shows that consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
|Dosage and Use|
- Atherosclerosis. 2014 Jan;232(1):10-6.
- BioMed Research International. 2015 2015;791978
- Physiological Reports. 2015;3(6):e12438.
- Food Funct. 2018 Jul 17;9(7):3576-3596.
- PLoS ONE. 2016;11(1):e0147351.
- Am J Hypertens. 2014 Jul;27(7):885-96.
- Cardiovasc Diabetol. 2018 Jul 7;17(1):98.
- Nutrients. 2014 Oct 3;6(10):4058-73.
- Nutr Res Rev. 2016 Dec;29(2):281-294.
- Nutrients. 2018 Aug 15;10(8)
- Nutr Res. 2018 Feb;50:1-9.
- Adv Mind Body Med. 2017 Summer;31(3):8-16.
- Molecules. 2016 Jan 29;21(2):163.
- Int J Mol Sci. 2016 Dec 2;17(12)
- Vascul Pharmacol. 2013 Sep-Oct;59(3-4):67-75.
- British Journal of Clinical Pharmacology. 2017;83(1):96-102.
- The Journal of Nutrition. 2015;145(8):1692-1697.
- Int J Vitam Nutr Res. 2009 May;79(3):152-65.
- J Nutr Sci Vitaminol (Tokyo). 2003 Aug;49(4):270-6.